Skip to content

Ambers fitness log

Just a girl and her workouts!


Hey guys! Did you miss me? I survived the bahamas! Here is a run down of our trip:
Sunday we woke up at 3:30am (I was awake since 2:30) and drove to cocoa beach Florida. We made it in 8 hours and got there before our hotel room was ready. We ate lunch at The Shark Pit and did some shopping at Ron Jons. We finally checked into the four points Sheraton and relaxed in our in room whirlpool (and drank some delicious wine). For dinner we ate at Fishlips at port Canaveral (you could watch the ships leave port). Monday we got up took a morning stroll on the beach, ate breakfast at Oceanside cafe, and drove to the port. We loaded onto the ship at about 11:30am and hit the buffet. After the buffet we lounged around the pool til dinner. We had a great waiter and for the first time good dinner mates. The ship set sail at 5pm towards the Bahamas. Tuesday morning we arrived at CocoCay. This is always a fun island, it’s Royal Caribbean’s private island. We usually just relax and have a few coco loco’s (island drink). We try to go as far away as we can to avoid the crowds. We found a nice secluded beach called Barefoot Beach, it was quiet and only a few people ventured out that far. The weather was great but a little hot. As Patrick was cooling off in the water he stepped on something. He called me over and I could see a lot of blood in the water. We were pretty far away from everything and were trying to figure out what to do when a lady came over with a first aid kit. We cleaned the area and applied pressure and eventually a butterfly bandage then made the long trek back through the sand to the first aid hut. At the hut the doctor cleaned it again and dug out the sand with tweezers and advised us to go back on board and see the onboard doctor. Onboard the doctor cleaned it again and put in a suture. We mostly lounged around the pool deck and drank the rest if the day, it was pretty painful for him to walk around. That night was formal night and I didn’t get any good pictures because I dropped butter down the front of my dress (I’m so classy!). Wednesday we were in Nassau. We visited the straw market and bought a couple of purses, walked around a little (Patricks foot still painful), and got back on the ship and hung around the pool. Thursday was a day at sea and we hung by the pool ALL day long, we also booked our next cruise!!! Friday was an early day for us. We did self checkout and were off the boat by 8:00am. We went to the Kennedy Space Center and walked around for a while then drove to Charleston SC and spent the night at the Embassy Suites. Saturday morning we went to the market and walked around charleston before coming home. All in all it was a great vacation, we made the best of it. I weighed myself today and I was 106.8, now I have some work to do!

I am picking up my PLP challenge where Ieft off, 48
Today I did 48 pull ups, 48 lunges, 48 push ups

10:00am- BCAAs
11:00am- Qdoba (naked burrito- grilled steak, pinto beans, zucchini, squash, salsa, cheese, sour cream, guacamole)
4:00pm- sliced low sodium roast beef, sliced buffalo chicken, carrots, hummus, handful cocoa almonds
7:00pm- ground beef patty, asparagus
8:00pm- protein shake (ice, blueberries, spinach, 1.5 scoops protein, cocoa powder, mint extract, almond milk, water)


%d bloggers like this: